Rice Crispy Treat Lamb
- Extra large stock pot
- Ingredient bowls
- Wooden spoon
- Cooking spray
- Wooden skewers for support
- A triumphant red-cross-on-a-white-background banner
- 1 1/2 cups Unsalted Butter 3 sticks
- 4 10 ounce bags Mini Marshmallows 22 heaping cups
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract optional
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 18 cups Crispy Rice Cereal one 18 oz “large size” box
- 2 Raisins or Chocolate Chips for eyes
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a VERY large pot. Once melted, set the heat as low as possible and add the marshmallows. Stir the mixture until the marshmallows are completely melted. Remove from heat, then immediately stir in the vanilla extract and salt. Finally, fold in the cereal. Make sure each piece of cereal is coated with the marshmallow mixture.
- Spray your counter or a large piece of parchment paper with cooking spray and dump the pile of marshmallow crispy rice mixture onto it. Let it cool for 3-5 minutes. Look at a picture of a lamb cake or a paschal lamb. With well-buttered or cooking-sprayed hands mold the lamb into approximately the correct shape. It’s best to mold out the head, legs, ears, and tail rather than trying to attach them. Plan on a sitting lamb without much of a neck and you’ll have more success. Insert wooden skewers as support if needed. He might still droop. Consider that part of the fun. Attach your banner to a skewer and nestle it against the lamb’s body behind his leg. Insert raisins or chocolate chips for eyes. Leave it to rest. Station a kid to watch for incidents of drooping.