Louisiana Shrimp Etouffee
- Large cast iron skillet
- Food processor
- Can opener
- Cutting board
- 1 lb Raw Shrimp peeled, deveined, and squeezed in a colander to remove excess water, then sprinkled with salt and pepper
- 1 Large Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Large Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1 Large Sweet Onion
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes with Chilies drained
- 2 tablespoon Flour
- Melt butter in a large pan, I usually use a 12in cast iron skillet.
- Mince the peppers and onions by hand or on low in a food processor.
- Add onions and peppers to butter, cook until softened a bit.
- Add flour to butter and veggie mixture, stirring constantly cooked until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Add drained tomatoes and shrimp.
- Cook until shrimp are pink, but not over done.
- Add Tabasco sauce to taste.
- Serve over rice.