Thank you all so much for your responses to my reader survey! Almost 1500 of you took the time to fill it out. It’s been really interesting to see the results, and to read all your kind feedback. Just ONE story of this blog being a part of a conversion or a deepening of someone’s faith or a consolation in a season of crazy motherhood would make writing the blog worth it, but there were HUNDREDS! You guys better stop or you’re going to make me rust.
You are welcome to participate in the survey still, and I’ll see your answers, but I’m going to call it on the giveaway and award the set of
to lucky email number 381 (as selected by google’s random number generator): Annie! Annie, I sent you an email!
- As expected, my readers are 99% female.
- Half of you are 25-34, nearly all the rest are 35-55.
- 90% of you are American, but that other 10% is spread all over the globe, with every region represented. (And one write in for Texas! 😁)
- 90% are Catholic or working on it, 10% are not Catholic (and very welcome!)
- 56% of you have 3 or more kids (true of only 38% of the rest of the mothers in this country)
- The 60% of you who have school-aged kids are pretty evenly split between homeschooling, brick and mortar Catholic schools, and brick and mortar public schools.
- 10% of you are new since George, 50% of you have been around since Mary Jane, and 40% of you have been around all the way since Lulu.
- 70% of you are on Facebook, which used to be SUCH a great way for me to reach you, and is now less great. Only a fraction of people who follow Catholic All Year on Facebook see my posts these days. There’s always hand-wringing in the blogger community when algorithms change, but this is the first one that really noticeably affected my numbers. Still, I can’t quit it. The immediate interaction is so convenient.
- About 40% of you are getting the posts via email or a feed reader, which means YOU get ALL the posts. 👍 You can sign up for emails in the sidebar right there 👉
- You definitely want me to write blog posts and you especially want notice ahead of time on upcoming feast days, and random kid stuff. You want parenting posts, you want to see Gramblewood, and you want book, TV, and movie recommendations.
- So many of you have the Confession book, and the wall calendar, which really makes me happy, because *I* also have and use them for my family.
- And over 70% of you are planning to get the Catholic All Year Compendium when it comes out in the fall!
- A liturgical year prayer book and a liturgical year recipe book were the big winners for favorite new project ideas, but almost 15% of you did not hate my leggings idea, for which I thank you. 😘