Ensalada de Nochebuena
For the dressing:
- Zest of 2 limes about 1 ½ teaspoons
- Juice of 2 limes about 3 tablespoons
- 3 Tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro or cilantro paste
For the salad:
- 2 large navel oranges peeled and segmented
- 2 large blood oranges or other variety peeled and segmented
- 1 ½ cups jicama about ½ pound peeled and chopped about ½ x 1 inch
- ½ cup slivered red radishes about 3 medium
- 8 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 4 oz pomegranate arils about 2/3 cup
- 3 Tablespoons pepitas toasted pumpkin seed kernels or roasted pistachios
- Combine all the dressing ingredients in a 24 ounce mason jar, cover, and shake to combine. (Or whisk together in a large glass measuring cup.)
- Add chopped romaine to a large salad bowl, Over the bowl (to catch the juice) cut the pith and peel off of the oranges with a sharp knife and cut into segments.
- Reserve a few of each ingredient, then toss the rest together.
- Arrange the reserved ingredients on top and serve with the dressing on the side.