- Bottle for balsamic reduction
- 2 cups Balsamic Vinegar
- 10 oz Cherry Tomatoes
- 8 oz Ciliegine Mozzarella Cheese also called “cherry” size, I like Belgioso
- 8 oz Clamshell Fresh Basil Leaves
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Add balsamic vinegar to a small saucepan over high heat then bring to a boil. Turn heat down to medium then simmer until vinegar is the consistency of thin maple syrup, 20 minutes. You'll know it's done when you can see the bottom of the pan for a second or two after scraping a spatula across. Pour balsamic reduction into a small bowl then set aside to cool. Alternatively you could use store bought balsamic reduction (see notes).
- Thread a cheese ball onto a toothpick, followed by a basil leaf – fold in half or into quarters if large. Finish with a cherry tomato then place onto a serving platter. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Just before serving, sprinkle skewers with salt and pepper then drizzle with cooled balsamic reduction. Serve immediately.