Can you believe it’s October?! With the weather we’ve been having in Southern California . . . I cannot. But, there you have it.
Probably, you want to be an awesome, totally organized mom who remembered that All Saint’s Day and Halloween were coming up. But probably the last thing you want to do is actually come up with an All Saints Day costume AND a Halloween costume for your kid(s).
So, here’s what I’m gonna do. I’m going to give you some all new suggestions and link up my previous posts featuring my kids’ All Saints Day costumes that double as Halloween costumes. Some require sewing and planning ahead, some can easily be accomplished with a store bought costume, some you can totally throw together the night before with a quick trip to the store or even with stuff in your house. There’s something for everyone!
First up, we’ve got (click on the title to go to the post and see photos and instructions):
- St. Denis / Guy Carrying His Own Head (expert)
- St. Sebastian / Unlucky Cowboy (store-bought)
- St. Kateri / Indian Maiden (expert or store-bought)
- St. Longinus / Roman Centurion (expert or store-bought)
- St. Philomena / Drowned Maiden (expert or store-bought)
- St. Nuno / Knight (expert)
- St. George / Knight (store-bought)
- St. Margaret of Scotland / Princess (all of the above)
- St. Elizabeth of Hungary / Princess (all of the above)
- St. Olaf of Norway / Viking (last minute)
- St. Maximillian Kolbe / Escaped Convict (store-bought)
- St. Gianna Molla / Doctor (last minute)
- St. Joan of Arc / Knight (expert)
- St. Lazarus / Zombie (last minute)
- St. John the Baptist / Head on a Platter (expert)
- Blessed Miguel Pro / Junior Businessman (last minute)
Also new on the blog for this year, here are some All Saints Day throwbacks from Tierney Hallowtides Past . . .
and a Lamb Costume
and a Little Bo Peep Costume
(expert or store-bought)
would make a good St. Francis, just add a bird.
, Princess Costume
, Dragon Costume