Beer Cheese Dipping Sauce
- Ingredient bowls
- Measuring glasses
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 2 cups Cheddar Cheese grated
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Beer
- 1 tsp Grainy Mustard
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- Cayenne Pepper (or Tabasco Sauce) to taste and garnish on top
- Melt butter in a sauce pan. Add in flour and whisk for 2 minutes.
- Slowly add in milk and beer, stirring until all the lumps are gone.
- Bring to a boil and cook until thickened, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add in cheese and stir until melted.
- Add in salt, pepper, oregano and cayenne pepper and mustard.
- Serve warm.
- Sprinkle top with some additional cayenne pepper if desired.